The Parish of
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart
18 Box Street, Merbein
20 Box Street
Merbein VIC 3505
(03) 5025 2716
Please refer to current Parish Bulletin for times of Masses
|Number of People Attending Mass
Please refer to current Parish Bulletin for up to date attendance information.
Latest Parish Bulletin - 09 Apr 2021Read More View Archives
On 11th December, 1927, Bishop Foley of Ballarat opened and blessed the red brick building Merbein parishioners built as a dual purpose building that could be used as a school during the week and a church on Sundays.
The cream brick church of today was built in 1956. Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, Merbein was Blessed and Opened on Sunday, April 8th 1956.
In 1932, Werrimull became a parish and Our Lady of Lourdes Church was built in 1933.
In 1965, Werrimull became part of the Merbein Parish and in more recent times is now a part of the Mildura Parish.
|Parish Priest from 01/06/2020
Fr Matthew Thomas
(Resident in Mildura).
Fr Matthew is also Parish Priest of Mildura and Red Cliffs.
|Parish Council Chairman
Merbein Vic 3505
Catholic Primary School
|Sunraysia (Merbein, Mildura, Red Cliffs)|