The Catholic Diocese of Ballarat holds the care, safety and wellbeing of children as central to the fundamental responsibilities of the Church.
This commitment is drawn from and is inherent to the teaching and mission of Jesus Christ, with love, justice and the fundamental sanctity of each human person at the heart of the Gospel.
In 2013 Bishop Paul Bird established the Diocesan Professional Standards Consultative Panel to enhance the capacity of the Diocese to safeguard children and vulnerable people.
In 2014 the Consultative Panel created the position of Coordinator for Professional Standards, which is part of the Bishop’s Office.
The current members of the Consultative Panel are;
Bishop Paul Bird
Rev. Kevin Maloney, Vicar General
Mr Andrew Jirik, Diocesan Business Manager
Ms Maureen Waddington, Director of Mission, St John of God Hospital, Ballarat
Coordinator for Professional Standards:
PO Box 576
BALLARAT VIC 3353
Ph: (03) 5337 7121
Fax: (03) 5332 1122
Email: Professional Standards
If you are distressed or wish to speak with someone about any issue relating to sexual abuse, click below for information
How do I make a complaint?
RING The Towards Healing HELP LINE – ph: 1800 816 030 (free call)
- Ring and say you wish to make a complaint. You will be put in touch with a Contact Person living in your part of the State.
- The Contact Person will arrange a meeting at a location to suit you. The Contact Person will document your complaint.
You can ring the Help Line number if you wish to:
- Talk in confidence about what happened, and about your current situation.
- Make an official complaint which will be registered and investigated using the Towards Healing Process.
- Ask in confidence for assistance and support (e.g. counselling)
Professional Standards Resource Group (Victoria)
PO Box 6186
Mildura West 3500