Catholic Social Services Australia has published its Federal Election Statement. Its key messages include calls for an incoming government to commit to:
• Providing low-income and vulnerable families access to adequate income and social services when and where they need them;
• A full employment economy through the establishment of a Job Guarantee Program;
• Supporting the empowerment and self-determination of our First Nation peoples by working collaboratively and in genuine, formal partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in progressing constitutional recognition;
• Resettling all remaining refugees on Manus Island and Nauru in Australia; and
• Establishing a Charter for the Common Good to enhance cooperation between government, business and civil society in delivering a more inclusive economy and society.