Welcome to the final week of our Parish Stewardship Program.
In recent weeks we have reflected on:
- The role of faith in our lives
- The importance of coming together to celebrate the Eucharist each weekend
- Our commitment to growing in faith
We have also considered our parish as a community of faith:
- Are we a place of welcome?
- Do we have a clear mission to live the values of the Gospel?
- Am I making my contribution to parish life by being involved in our Groups & Ministries?
This week brings it all together. We look to the future – imagining what sort of parish we want to be. Led by the Lord, we’re filled with hope, but we need the support and contribution of every individual if we are to fulfil God’s plan for us.
This week we ask you to finalise your commitments by:
- Signing up for a parish group or ministry
- Making your meaningful pledge of financial support to the Stewardship Program.
Thoughts from our Leadership Team
Q: Why do you think it is important to support your Parish financially through our Parish Stewardship Program?
“Parishioners make up the Parish; therefore, for it to sustain its viability it relies primarily on their financial support and contributions to cover operational expenses.”
“I love my faith and have come to love being part of the St Columba’s community since moving here a few years ago. I recognise that it is essential that we financially support our Parish – the Parish depends upon it. Being part of the Parish Stewardship Program is a practical way that we can help continue the legacy, practises, outreach and ministry of St Columba’s.”
“Finance is needed for the parish to be successful.”
“Our Parish relies on the generous support of our parishioners through time, energy, talent and importantly finance. If everyone helps in whatever they can, St Columba’s can continue to do the great work it already does, as well as ensure security for us all in the future.”