Days of Fasting and Reparation
The Australian Catholic bishops have proclaimed the days from Ash Wednesday until the following Saturday (February 14-17) Days of Fasting and Reparation in sorrow for child sexual abuse and the healing of victims.
Following are a number of prayer and liturgical resources that have been developed to assist parishes, communities and families in marking the Days of Fasting and Reparation. These are also available on the ACBC website here.
- ACBC Message – A message to the Catholic Community at the beginning of Lent (PDF)
- Letter from Bishop Patrick O'Regan, Chair of the Bishops Commission for Liturgy (PDF)
- Evening Prayer (Word)
- Holy Hour & Benediction (Word)
- Penitential Celebration (Word)
- Sample Prayers and Liturgy (Word)
- Prayers for Use at Home (Word)
- All resources (PDF)