Water of Life: Infant Baptism Booklet for families preparing their baby’s baptism.
Junior Reconciliation: Resources suggested below.
Let the Children Come: Family based preparation program for the Sacraments of Initiation – Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist
Turn Around! Reconciliation program for senior primary students for the reception of the Sacrament of Penance.
Policy Statement for the Sacraments of Initiation for Children is available here.
The following documents are available from the members section of the website:
- Pastoral / Liturgical suggestions for the reception of the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist
- Rite of the Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation within Mass
- Rite of the Celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation outside Mass
- Combined Rite of the Celebration of the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist
All programs are available from the Pastoral Ministry Office, ph. 5337 7159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All orders placed are to be collected from the Office.
Junior Reconciliation Resources
The following resources are only suggestions. This list is not comprehensive and you may have a program that works well in your parish:
- Live Your Christian Life prepared in 2018 by Fr Andrew Hayes, priest of the Diocese of Ballarat.
- “Making things Right -The Sacrament of Reconciliation” 2nd Edition. Jeannine Timko Leichne. Garrett Publishing.
- “Becoming Catholic Reconciliation: A Practical Guide for Families” 3rd Edition. Kathy Horan. Garrett Publishing.
- “Your Child’s First Confession.” Majellan Media.
- “Reconciliation: Preparation of Children for the Sacraments.” Diocese of Broken Bay.
- “Our Family Prepares – Penance.” Liturgy Brisbane.
- “Celebrating Your Child’s First Reconciliation.” Pat Fosarelli. St Paul’s Publications.
- “Ten Ways to Celebrate Your Child’s First Reconciliation.” Teresa Pirola.
- “Reconciliation – children’s activity book.” The Mustard Seed Bookshop & Cafe.
Guidelines for the Celebration of the Sacraments with People with Disability
The Australian Catholic Bishops Conference has produced a booklet, “Celebrating the Sacramental Life from Birth to Death: Guidelines for the Celebration of the Sacraments for People with Disability.”
Copies of these guidelines have been distributed to parishes and schools in the diocese. Additional copies may be downloaded below or contact the Pastoral Ministry Office, email@example.com.
There are also resources for the celebration of the sacraments available from the ACBC website.
Diocesan Sacramental Supplies
The following items are available for purchase from the Catholic Development Fund, ph. 5337 7168 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stoles (with or without fringing)
- Trifold certificates (with plastic cover)
- Reconciliation Symbols
- Eucharist Symbols
- Confirmation Symbols
For information on obtaining copies of Baptism Certificates, go to the Catholic Australia website.