The Diocesan Finance Council (DFC) is an advisory board to the Bishop with responsibility to oversee the entire financial operations of the Diocese. This includes advice to the Bishop on:
- Income and expenditure for Diocesan Operations
- Assets of the Diocese, including Trusts and bequests
- Property and insurance matters
- Purchase or sale of parish assets
- Financial management of Diocesan entities, commissions and committees
- Administration and financial advice to parishes and clergy
DFC members include the Bishop, Vicar General, clergy representation, lay members with financial and legal expertise and the Diocesan Business Manager.
Bishop Paul Bird CSsR, Fr Kevin Maloney (Chair), Stephen McArdle, Chris Nolan, Bryan Roberts, Tim Greene, Georgia Yanner, Ross Wheatland.
The Council meets every 3 months from March to December. Meetings are held in the Diocesan Office, 5 Lyons Street South, Ballarat.
Mr Ross Wheatland
Diocesan Business Manager
PO Box 576
BALLARAT VIC 3353
Phone: (03) 5337 7111
Email: Diocesan Finance Council