Welcome to the Lay Pastoral Ministry Program of the Ballarat Diocese
The Lay Pastoral Ministry Program offers opportunities for formation, support, study and certification for lay pastoral employees and volunteers in the Ballarat Diocese in partnership with the Virtual Learning Community, Dayton University.
The Virtual Learning Community for Faith Formation (VLCFF) is an online adult religious education and faith formation program you can access, anytime, anywhere via the internet.
“The VLCFF is a pioneer in the e-learning field, delivering 24-7 remote classes to dioceses worldwide long before the pandemic prompted schools to go online and offer hybrid learning.”
Eric F. Spina
University of Dayton President
Information about the Ballarat Diocese Lay Pastoral Ministry Program is in the documents attached below.
Please contact us to talk about your current ministry situation, or what you hope to do, to enable us to assist as you discern your formation pathway.
Documents for download:
- Lay Pastoral Ministry Program
- Lay Pastoral Ministry Program Application Form
- Certificate Course or Subject study structure
- Course Calendar for 2021
- Explore the Virtual Learning Program here
Information for participants in the Lay Pastoral Ministry Program:
New participants wishing to register to study in the Lay Pastoral Ministry Program should complete the Application Form. Registrations for Study Cycle 2, which begins February 21, are open now for new and returning participants.
Dates for 2021 Study Cycles:
- Cycle 1: Jan 03 – Feb 06 closed
- Cycle 2: Feb 21 – Mar 27 Registrations open Jan 06 – Feb 12
- Cycle 3: Apr 11 – May 01 Registrations open Feb 24 – Apr 02 (mostly 3 week courses)
- Cycle 4: May 16 – Jun 19 Registrations open Apr 14 – May 07
- Cycle 5: Jul 04 – Aug 17 Registrations open May 19 – Jun 25
- Cycle 6: Aug 22 – Sep 25 Registrations open Jul 07 – Aug 13
- Cycle 7: Oct 10 – Nov 13 Registrations open Aug 25 – Oct 01
You can find details of each subject (course) here
For more information please contact:
Lay Pastoral Ministry Program Facilitator
Ph: 5337 7121